Here are some tips and tricks for keeping your smile healthy this spooktacular season:
- Remember to brush your teeth regularly. Brushing at least twice a day for two minutes a day will help you keep your teeth healthy and free from tooth decay.
- Don’t forget to floss. Flossing reaches the places a toothbrush cannot reach. Between the teeth and deep along the gum line are popular places for candy to leave sugary particles forming cavities.
- Use mouthwash after brushing. By using mouthwash, you can clear away any remaining bacteria in your mouth after brushing, leaving your smile clean and fresh.
- Have your candy with other meals. This will encourage other food particles and saliva to wash the sugar from your teeth.
- Try providing sugarless gum. Sugarless gum can encourage saliva production, which can wash away the harmful food particles in your mouth.
- Avoid hard and sticky candies. These candies can be very harmful to your teeth. The sugary substance can latch onto your tooth enamel encouraging tooth decay.
If you have any questions about oral care or would like to come in for a dental checkup, please feel free to call us at 405-752-0600 and make an appointment with a member of our staff. We do wish for you and your family to have a happy Halloween, and will be happy to be here should you need any oral help or advice.